Project Name– Sustainable city-wide approach to Water, Sanitation and Hygiene in 3 small towns in Madhya Pradesh
Project Supported by– Water Aid, India
Project Duration– October 2014 to September 2017
Project Location– Raisen and Sehore district of Madhya Pradesh
- To achieve ODF status for Raisen city.
- Ensure safe drinking water availability
- To promote menstrual hygiene along with hand washing hygiene practices.
Key Achievements- (till March 2015)–
- 1420 families (including slum area) identified having no toilet facility.
- Demand of 1000 more toilets has been raised from Nagar Palika to Urban Governance department so that Raisen can achieve ODF status.
- 34 drinking water quality testing in the field of urban bodies ensured. Continuously engaged with the municipality that the drinking water sources are being treated.
- Self Help Groups that were dissolved were again built up and were oriented about the importance of SHGs and were also oriented about the effects of Open Defecation. Thus they were motivated to act as Monitoring groups for the project.